Polestar Performance Tuning
EXPERIENCE TRUE PERFORMANCE WITH VOLVO POLESTAR
Polestar has been optimizing Volvo cars for racing circuits and competitions since 1996, and now that technology is made available to you, the car fanatic. The horsepower and torque-adding accessory is available in models as old as 2006. This upgrade re-optimizes and maintains full functionality in all of the built-in safety functions designed to save the engine in case of a partial system malfunction. It has been developed and thoroughly tested at the Volvo Engine Laboratories using the same elaborate testing procedures that Volvo uses for their standard engines.
The best news of all in 2016, is that this performance optimization is now also available in Volvo Drive-E models. In the near future, the Polestar optimization will also be available as a Port Installed Option. Currently, the MSRP of the Drive-E software has an MSRP of $1,245.00
Information in the table below is reflective of 2016 Volvo 4-cylinder vehicles.
POLESTAR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON DRIVE-E ENGINES
1. Throttle response has been optimized for improved feedback and response. This assists the driver in overtaking when driving down a windy road. The calibration makes it so that the engine has a quicker response time from the driver’s commands, making for a more precise driving experience.
2. Gearshift speed has been increased for the car to accelerate faster and react more directly to the instructions given by the driver. Faster gearbox speed will enable the driver to have more direct control of the vehicle.
3. Gearshift Precision and Gear Hold – The gearshifts have been calibrated, providing a more direct and precise driving experience as well as faster acceleration. Gearshift points have been calibrated to efficiently use the optimized mid-range performance of the engine. The gear hold function holds the gear during cornering at high lateral g-forces, which will prevent unwanted gearshifts mid-corner that can sometimes unsettle the balance of the vehicle.
4) Off-Throttle Response – The gearbox and engine have been calibrated to provide a faster response when the driver quickly lifts off of the throttle for a minute. An occurance of this would be when you are briefly braking before taking a corner. These functions keep the car in balance during fast cornering and provide you with improved predictability and control of the car.
5) Engine Performance – The Drive-E Polestar optimization was developed to provide more performance in the mid-range of the engine where the driver uses it the most when actively driving. A good example of this would be overtaking when entering a busy highway. Increasing the mid-range performance combined with the supporting changes for the gearbox and throttle response, make the car more dynamic and responsive to drive.
IT’S COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
Polestar provides the kind of enhanced performance that kicks in when it’s needed most. The Polestar optimization will not affect your fuel economy, or emissions. The warranty will also not be affected, provided that Polestar is installed at an authorized Volvo retailer.